Social Media Coordinator
Are you passionate about the power of social media in shaping brand perception and expanding audience reach? Do you have a discerning eye for brands that ‘get it’ and do social right? Are you in tune with the trends of Instagram and TikTok in a way that the boomer writing this job description can’t be?
At Unbound Merino, we understand that social media plays a pivotal role in helping our customers get to know us and what we stand for. And we are hiring a Social Media Coordinator to help us manage and optimize all of our social media channels.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you will be at the forefront of this journey, driving engagement and awareness of our brand and products. Your role will involve showcasing the benefits and performance of our products and promises, giving our audience a clear idea of what to expect from us as a brand. You'll have the opportunity to make our social media truly exceptional while demonstrating the features and benefits of upgrading your wardrobe with Unbound Merino.
The Unbound community is global and they choose to take us with them on their travel adventures. The success of our social media profiles isn’t only measured in likes and shares; it’s in the quality and depth of the conversations we have with our audience. This role will foster that global community by sharing stories of their adventures and meaningfully engaging with our customers.
In addition, you'll leverage the influence of our partners, customers, and influencers to share compelling use cases and testimonials that reinforce the quality and trustworthiness of our offerings.
Unbound Merino was created by three lifelong friends. We spent our high school days following our favorite bands across America. Every time we came home, all we could think about was saving enough money for the next big adventure.
It didn’t take long until we turned our sights on the rest of the world. Like many seasoned travelers, we were drawn to the impressive performance properties of Merino wool. The fabric was perfectly suited for travel, but it was typically designed as outdoor activewear, with flashy logos and unnecessary embellishments. Sure, it performed great on a hike, but we wanted something that also looked great at a restaurant, in a museum, at a rock concert, and out on the town.
Unbound Merino was created to solve a problem that we all shared. After years of researching, designing, and prototyping, we partnered with industry leaders to create the most versatile and highest-performing Merino wool clothing that’s made specifically for travel and everyday life. Our purpose is to create simple, high-performance clothing that is versatile enough for any occasion — from the hiking trip at sunrise to the cocktail bar at sunset. We stand for simplicity, versatility, and performance.
It’s really that simple, and it works. Imagine if your next big trip was luggage-free. No check-in, no waiting, and no worries. You’d breeze right past the horde at the baggage carousel. You’d beat the taxi rush. You’d be off and away — free to move whenever inspiration or opportunity struck. You’ll be more aware and focused, in harmony with the moment, and able to enjoy the culture that surrounds you. Take one trip without the physical and mental burden of luggage and you’ll never travel the same way again.
PACK LESS. EXPERIENCE MORE.
Learn More About Us:
Your #1 Role as Social Media Coordinator
The primary role of the Social Media Coordinator is to ensure that our organic social media presence supports our marketing campaigns and contributes to both customer acquisition and retention.
In practical terms, creating posts and copy, publishing content, engaging with users and accounts, and compiling data and analytics for review.
This role leans heavily on a strong understanding of social media, a keen eye for detail, and communicating with empathy and care.
You will work alongside our Chief Marketing Officer, our Marketing Manager, our Brand team, and our CEO to ensure that we create compelling stories and opportunities for engagement and sales.
Content Strategy & Execution (50%)
- Present and deliver on the always-on social strategy for all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter/X); creating a robust content plan and calendar that incorporates input from key partners (Marketing, Product, Special Projects, etc.) to ensure plans align with brand and launch priorities
- Own the social content calendar ongoing; scheduling posts by selecting produced/secured assets, and writing captions referencing brand mood and tone across all content types and posting channels (i.e. in-feed, Stories)
- Lead the social content development process, creating and editing content as needed and/or working with our graphic designers, video editors, and other platform experts when required
- Identify, manage, and execute a regular cadence of brand partnerships through co-branded social media campaigns (i.e giveaways)
- Identify best practices to create strategies, benchmarks, and playbooks for all content and brand voice on our social media platforms
- Stay current in social media and digital marketing trends as well as competitive activity to create new strategic thinking across the board, and optimize engagement across all social media activations
Social Channel Management (50%)
- Curate and publish the day-to-day postings, optimizing for community engagement and reach
- Daily monitoring on our social media platforms, including responsive messaging in a timely, tactful and thoughtful manner
- Regular proactive interaction with our social community, encouraging discussion and participation to increase engagement and satisfaction
- Ongoing monitoring, capturing, and organization of notable tagged posts and mentions
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and analyze social performance through monthly and quarterly reporting to relay key findings and areas for optimization
You might be a good fit for this position if you have…
- An intimate understanding of the Unbound Customer and are able to identify opportunities that position Unbound in the correct niche of the Travel Apparel space
- A clear understanding of the social media landscape and have built scalable social content and strategies that optimize for results, and can clearly communicate the brand story and voice
- A resourceful and iterative approach to your work; you don’t shy away from proposing new ideas and self-execution to see what works in order to drive results and brand awareness
- 2+ years of experience in a social media marketing, community management and/or content creation role
- Previous education or equivalent work experience in business, marketing, communications, or a related field is a plus
- An awareness of the current social media and digital marketing landscape is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Self-starter with strong project management skills, and the ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
- Previous experience creating a community on social media, ideally in the retail or e-commerce industry; experience working with a DTC company is an asset
- Proven track record of successful UGC or influencer outreach and relationship building
- Proficiency with tools such as Planoly, Photoshop/Canva, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Google Trends
- Content production and editing skills for photography and/or video is a plus
- You have a passion for travel!
We believe in growth and curiosity, so if you only have some of these qualities and are excited about the opportunity, then we still want to hear from you!
This is a full-time role for an individual who is legally able to work in Canada. The role is largely remote, with the ability to travel to leadership meetings in Toronto as required.
- Primarily remote work environment
- Extended health & dental benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 10 medical or personal days
- Personal growth bursary
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance
- Carry-on essentials (aka free clothing!)
Does this sound like you?
If you think you’d make for a great fit...