Jr. Marketing Coordinator
Join Unbound Merino as a Junior Marketing Coordinator and become an integral part of our dynamic marketing team. In this role, you'll be instrumental in supporting the management and execution of various marketing functions across multiple platforms, with a particular focus on two key priorities: Acquisition and Retention.
You'll contribute significantly to our mission of attracting new customers and turning returning customers into raving fans. You'll engage in a wide range of activities, from paid advertising and SEO to digital and email marketing, all while collaborating closely with our talented team members to ensure our brand remains visible and our audience continues to grow.
Attention to detail is your forte, and you thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. You relish the opportunity to take on new challenges and are adept at crafting campaigns that not only connect with our audience but also drive conversions. Your primary responsibility will be turning our ideas into actions by ensuring that assets and information reach the right people at the right time.
Unbound Merino was created by three lifelong friends. We spent our high school days following our favorite bands across America. Every time we came home, all we could think about was saving enough money for the next big adventure.
It didn’t take long until we turned our sights on the rest of the world. Like many seasoned travelers, we were drawn to the impressive performance properties of Merino wool. The fabric was perfectly suited for travel, but it was typically designed as outdoor activewear, with flashy logos and unnecessary embellishments. Sure, it performed great on a hike, but we wanted something that also looked great at a restaurant, in a museum, at a rock concert, and out on the town.
Unbound Merino was created to solve a problem that we all shared. After years of researching, designing and prototyping, we partnered with industry leaders to create the most versatile and highest-performing Merino wool clothing that’s made specifically for travel and everyday life. Our purpose is to create simple, high-performance clothing that is versatile enough for any occasion.
It’s really that simple, and it works. Imagine if your next big trip was luggage free. No check-in, no waiting, and no worries. You’d breeze right past the horde at the baggage carousel. You’d beat the taxi rush. You’d be off and away — free to move whenever inspiration or opportunity struck. You’ll be more aware and focused, in harmony with the moment, and able to enjoy the culture that surrounds you. Take one trip without the physical and mental burden of luggage and you’ll never travel the same way again.
PACK LESS. EXPERIENCE MORE.
Learn More About Us:
Your #1 Role as Jr. Marketing Coordinator
The primary role of the Jr. Marketing Coordinator is to make our ideas happen faster by getting assets and information to the right people at the right time.
In practical terms, assisting with the organization, coordination, and creation of marketing campaigns and initiatives, ensuring effective communication within the team, and ensuring all marketing campaigns are deployed effectively and efficiently.
This role leans heavily on developing knowledge of our existing products and those in development, familiarity with our customer avatar, and staying up to date on industry trends and best practices.
You will work alongside our Chief Marketing Officer, our Marketing Manager, and our Brand team to ensure that we create compelling campaigns and opportunities to improve both customer acquisition and retention.
On a regular basis,
- Campaign Coordination:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to organize and manage marketing briefs and campaigns across Meta, Google, Klaviyo, and other platforms, ensuring timely execution and alignment with business goals.
- Assist in setting up and monitoring tasks within Asana, our project management tool, to track project progress and deadlines.
- Content Creation Support:
- Work closely with designers, writers, and other team members to facilitate the creation of engaging marketing content, such as emails, promotional content, and digital advertisements.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Help analyze data from marketing campaigns to identify trends, areas of improvement, and opportunities for optimization.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular reports that highlight campaign performance metrics and insights.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Act as a liaison between team members, freelancers, and buys to ensure smooth communication for efficient campaign execution
- Assist in facilitating notes during brainstorming sessions and meetings to help generate creative ideas and strategies
- Task Management:
- Manage creating and assigning tasks in Asana, tracking progress, and ensuring that all team members are aligned and aware of their responsibilities
- UGC Content Development:
- Manage the sending of clothing to UGC creators as well as our agency partners.
- Manage the inflow of new content from UGC creators and Agency partners and its transition to the marketing team
- SEO Agency Management
- Work with our SEO Agency to perform monthly reviews of backlinks and keyword results
- Lead quarterly keyword research
You might be a good fit for this position if you have…
- 1-2 years of marketing industry experience
- Basic understanding of digital marketing concepts, including email marketing, paid advertising, and content creation
- An awareness of the current digital marketing landscape
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in using Asana or similar project management tools is a plus
- Enthusiasm for learning, a proactive approach, and a collaborative attitude.
- Familiarity with DTC eCommerce and previous experience in a marketing role are advantageous.
- A resourceful and iterative approach to your work; you don’t shy away from proposing new ideas and self-execution to see what works in order to drive results and brand awareness.
- Previous experience creating a community on social media, ideally in the retail or e-commerce industry; experience working with a DTC company is an asset
- Proven track record of successful UGC or influencer outreach and relationship building
- Proficiency with tools such as Planoly, Photoshop/Canva, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics and/or Google Trends
- Content production and editing skills for photography and/or video is a plus
- You have a passion for travel and/or fashion!
We believe in growth and curiosity, so if you only have some of these qualities and are excited about the opportunity, then we still want to hear from you!
This is a full time role for an individual who is legally able to work in Canada.
The role is largely remote, with the ability to travel to leadership meetings in Toronto as required.
Compensation + Hours:
The annual starting salary for this position is $50,000 CAD.
- Primarily remote work environment
- Extended health & dental benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 10 medical or personal days
- Personal growth bursary
- Annual bonus based on personal & company performance
- Carry-on essentials (aka free clothing!)
Does this sound like you?
If you think you’d make for a great fit...